[da ee-DEE ty]
Expresses surprise (~ you are kidding me!, ~ really?) or discontent (~ get lost!, ~ shut up!).
Comments / examples:
- Что-то ты сегодня плохо выглядишь. - Да иди ты!
- You don't look good today. - Shut up!
- Я сегодня с президентом встретился. - Да иди ты!
- I met the president today. - You are kidding me!
More from "Conversational Russian"
pain in the rear, problems, unpleasant concerns, trouble, hassle. Lit. - piles, haemorrhoids
after a party with a lot of alcohol
- something that causes a strong surprise - a situation from which there is no way out but that can be considered funny in some extent
(lit. - by which makar?) how?
to blurt out, to say something stupid (informal)
to go frequently, to make frequent trips or visits